Clément Pit--Claudel writes: > On 03/30/2016 12:35 AM, Drew Adams wrote: >> I don't worry about whether people coming to the GNU Emacs page >> become convinced that Emacs can be beautiful. > > I do worry about that a bit myself: Emacs does look a bit Spartan out > of the box (compare to the latest newcomer in IDEs land, Atom, at > http://atom.io). I think Nico's website redesign is an incredible step > towards polishing users' first impression of Emacs. I asked myself the same question a lot of times when building the website design. (I don't like very much how Emacs looks by default, but that's a topic for another day.) After trying many alternatives I decided that showing how Emacs can look like it something for the tour page. I think the screenshot on the homepage should show how Emacs looks by default. Cheers, Nico