all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Proposal to move auth-source.el out of Gnus
@ 2016-02-12 14:15 Martin Jesper Low Madsen
From: Martin Jesper Low Madsen @ 2016-02-12 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

`auth-source.el' reside inside the Gnus project, but the use of this
library is not limited to just Gnus. Since Lars is currently cleaning up
the Gnus code, it would perhaps be fitting to move `auth-source.el' out
of the Gnus project and make it available as a standalone library.

What are your opinions on this?

* Re: Proposal to move auth-source.el out of Gnus
@ 2016-02-13  3:44 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-13  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Jesper Low Madsen; +Cc: emacs-devel

Martin Jesper Low Madsen <martin@martinjlowm.dk> writes:

> `auth-source.el' reside inside the Gnus project, but the use of this
> library is not limited to just Gnus. Since Lars is currently cleaning up
> the Gnus code, it would perhaps be fitting to move `auth-source.el' out
> of the Gnus project and make it available as a standalone library.
>
> What are your opinions on this?

I think there are many things that should be moved out of the Gnus
directory, like qp.el, utf7.el, etc, etc.  But after I've removed all
the compat code.  :-)

* Re: Proposal to move auth-source.el out of Gnus
@ 2016-05-31 18:26 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2016-05-31 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:15:05 +0100 Martin Jesper Low Madsen <martin@martinjlowm.dk> wrote:

MJLM> `auth-source.el' reside inside the Gnus project, but the use of this
MJLM> library is not limited to just Gnus. Since Lars is currently cleaning up
MJLM> the Gnus code, it would perhaps be fitting to move `auth-source.el' out
MJLM> of the Gnus project and make it available as a standalone library.

MJLM> What are your opinions on this?

OK with me.

Ted