reopen 3447 quit >> (define-key minibuffer-local-map "\M-<" 'my-minibuffer-beginning-of-buffer) > > I think something like this would be a very good idea. I frequently > have long, multiline expressions in the minibuffer, and `M-<' not taking > me to the start of the editable data is annoying. > > Does anybody object to making a change like this? (It'll have to be > modernised a bit, of course.) This still doesn't work with . This can be fixed by remapping beginning-of-buffer in the patch below. Like 'C-a' goes to the end of the prompt exactly like , there is no reason not to do the same for 'M-<' and . Moreover, we don't add defcustoms for simple key bindings because keybinding are configured with the help of define-key. This patch should do the right thing: