all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Results of asking Emacs distributions to enable menu-bar-mode
@ 2020-09-16 11:25 Göktuğ Kayaalp
From: Göktuğ Kayaalp @ 2020-09-16 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

As some of you may recall, for a brief period we’re of the opinion that
asking Emacs distribution developers to not to disable menu-bar-mode by
default (until Lars’ post where he said our suggestions may be perceived
as somewhat hostile).

For those who don’t follow the relevant issues I created on Github, the
results so far have been as follows:

- Bozhidar Batsov did change the default for prelude

- Phil Hagelberg said no (this was a private discussion as I could not
  use the issue tracker)

- One Spacemacs maintainer assigned the issue the Discussion tag but so
  far no response from a maintainer

- No news from Doom Emacs yet

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427

* Re: Results of asking Emacs distributions to enable menu-bar-mode
@ 2020-09-16 14:24 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2020-09-16 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Göktuğ Kayaalp; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com>
> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 14:25:05 +0300
>
> For those who don’t follow the relevant issues I created on Github, the
> results so far have been as follows:
>
> - Bozhidar Batsov did change the default for prelude
>
> - Phil Hagelberg said no (this was a private discussion as I could not
>   use the issue tracker)
>
> - One Spacemacs maintainer assigned the issue the Discussion tag but so
>   far no response from a maintainer
>
> - No news from Doom Emacs yet

Thank you for your efforts.

* RE: Results of asking Emacs distributions to enable menu-bar-mode
@ 2020-09-16 14:38 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2020-09-16 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Göktuğ Kayaalp, emacs-devel

Why are you continuing to call these "Emacs distributions"?

They're not that.