Stefan Monnier writes: > I'm working on converting all the lisp/gnus files to use > lexical-binding. I have a first version of the code ready and pushed to > `scratch/lexical-gnus`. It works for me, but please test it because my > use of Gnus only exercises a small fraction of its functionality > and packages. Thanks. > And please, after testing it, tell me how it went, regardless if you > encountered problems or not. Bootstrapping emits the following warnings: In mail-add-attachment: mail/sendmail.el:1809:25: Warning: ‘mm-default-file-encoding’ is an obsolete function (as of future); use ‘mm-default-file-type’ instead. In mh-minibuffer-read-type: mh-e/mh-mime.el:1728:24: Warning: ‘mm-default-file-encoding’ is an obsolete function (as of future); use ‘mm-default-file-type’ instead. and starting Gnus only gets me as far as the splash screen; see the attached backtrace, which I'm guessing is related to the following setting: (setq-default gnus-group-line-format (concat "%M" ; Marked articles "%S" ; Subscription "%p" ; Marked for processing "%m" ; New mail "%B" ; Open summary buffer "%P" ; Topic indentation "%5y? %3T!" ; Unread and ticked articles " : " ; Colon "%(%-40,40c%)" ; Collapsed group name "%9u&dgroup;" ; Last read "\n")) (The last %-sequence is just a custom timestamp format.) Let me know if you want me to test anything else out. -- Basil