Kévin Le Gouguec writes: > Michael Welsh Duggan writes: > >> This may be related to Bug #18156. >> >> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18156 >> >> I have patched my local gnus to allow sorting threads by newest message. > > Quoting your use-case: > >> Here >> is my use case: I want to sort the threads in my summary buffer, >> post-gathering, by the date of the most recent article in the thread. >> If threads (not the articles in threads) are sorted before they are >> gathered, this seems less than possible. > > I think I filed more or less the same bug (bug#42334), with more or less > the same conclusion? > > Lars suggested a solution before wontfixing it, but I never got around > to implementing it. How does your local patch work? I run with the included patch. In the group for which I care about this, I set the following group parameter: (gnus-thread-sort-functions 'md5i-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date-reverse) where `md5i-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date-reverse' is defined thusly: (defun md5i-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date-reverse (h1 h2) (<= (gnus-thread-latest-date h1) (gnus-thread-latest-date h2))) Patch follows: