Philip Kaludercic writes: >> Anyway, I rewrote the backend to use the JSON output of shellcheck, >> which has the advantage that it provides the end position of each >> diagnostic, so Flymake doesn't have to guess it (which is by nature >> sometimes inaccurate). Let me know what you think. > > LGTM, but I haven't tested it yet. I just tried it out and it behaves the way you advertised it. BTW, this diff describes the changes required if you were to pull out the sentinel definition into a named function: