Payas Relekar writes: > Richard Stallman writes: > >> Can someone send me a self-contained description of the job >> use-package does, from a user's perspective? >> >> I'm not asking about how it does that job, or how it works. > > use-package allows writing emacs configuration in a declarative manner, > rather than imperative. It does few more things: > > - Describe autoload dependencies by means of packages, commands, hooks > and keybindings, allowing faster startup without affecting UX > - Allow configuring/executing stuff before/after package loading > - Isolate configuration for individual packages in separate > s-expressions. > > In general, making things declarative has had huge improvement in my > config debug-ability, despite having 170+ packages currently loaded, > without significantly increasing startup time. > > -- > There is also a GNU ELPA package called Leaf (I'm using it). It is very similar to use-package, but somehow I like it more than use-package. There is also another GNU ELPA called setup.el, which uses context-sensitive macros to solve the same problem use-package and leaf solves. I think I like the setup.el approach, but I'm locked in due to the heavy use of Leaf in my init file ;-) -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social. This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. Its fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5