miha--- via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" writes: > Akib Azmain Turja via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife > of text editors" writes: > >> Both source and compiled Emacs Lisp code should show the same behavior, >> except performance. But 'subr.el' and 'subr.elc' show different >> behaviors. Isn't this a byte-compiler bug? > > In Emacs 29.0.50, I checked M-x disassemble RET insert-for-yank-1 RET > and it looks like it uses an 'insert' bytcode operation instead of > funcalling the 'insert' function. I think this is what prevents > overriding of 'insert' from working on byte-compiled code, as explained > in '(elisp) Advice and Byte Code'. That might be the reason on some Emacs. But I have observed that 'insert-for-yank' isn't overridden at all with Feng's 'subr.elc' on my Emacs. 'insert-for-yank' doesn't have any opcode, does it? -- Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5 Fediverse: akib@hostux.social Codeberg: akib emailselfdefense.fsf.org | "Nothing can be secure without encryption."