Theodor Thornhill writes: > Stefan Monnier writes: > >>> If this code is plugged into transpose-sexps we get this nice behavior: >> >> It's a bit different from what SMIE would do, but there's a lot of >> overlap and when it's different it's arguably better, so sounds good >> to me. >> > > Great! > >>> Now forward/backward-sexp can actually work a little differently, as you >>> suggest, or we can let it use the same "move over siblings"-semantic. >>> In that case we don't even need the treesit-sexp-type-regexp variables to >>> control this, I think. >>> >>> What do you think? >> >> I'm not sufficiently familiar with the tree-sitter tree to foresee >> precisely how it would affect `forward/backward-sexp`, but I think you >> have a good enough understanding to make a good judgment at this >> point :-) > > Great. I'll prepare a patch for this behavior, and we can discuss the > forward-* commands after that. > What do you think about this? Feel free to try it and let me know if something is completely wrong :-) Theo