Juri Linkov writes: >>>> It would be nice if there was a built-in customization which caused >>>> *Completions* to update as you type, as long as that buffer is visible. >>>> I imagine such a request has been made before, so what is the obstacle >>>> to adding it? >>> >>> I don't remember what was the obstacle, but here is the previous patch >>> that implements the behavior of zsh and is based on icomplete-mode. >> >> Nice! Although again this is more features than I want - I just want >> *Completions* to automatically update after it opens. > > Probably it's possible to pare it down to less code with less features > that could basically do the same after toggling a new option. Yes, agreed. Taking inspiration from zcomplete, I wrote this patch to provide just this feature, thoughts?