Emanuel Berg writes: > The following message is a courtesy copy of an article > that has been posted to gmane.emacs.devel as well. > > Philip Kaludercic wrote: > >> It might just be, but your message confuses me: I am not ^ *me >> sure what you are trying to say here, are you proposing >> adding the these functions to the core (in which case >> a patch would be more appropriate) or to ELPA (in which case >> we'd like a link to some Git repository). If you are just >> interested in sharing code with others, perhaps the >> development mailing list is not the right place to do so. >> (Also, please don't forget to CC me in your response, >> I recall this being an issue in the past where I didn't see >> your response until much later). > > Suggestion: The next time you or anyone else gets confused by > my actions, instead of theorizing several different scenarios > and criticizing each one in turn on a public ML, either send > me a private mail where you just ask - or, even better, accept > that you cannot understand every other human being on the > planet - instead, focus on whatever it is _you_ are doing, > I think will be a lot less confusing simple as it may sound. My apologies if I offended you, it certainly wasn't my intention. My "job" is just to review ELPA submissions, and I wanted to check if your message was a proposal to add a package or not. > What I am doing? I am doing an alternative to `find-file', > called `find-file-dwim'. That is clear, my question was with what intention are you posting your code on the development mailing list: (a) To add the code to ELPA, (b) To add the code to the Emacs core, (c) None of the above. Depending on which of these > As of now, some building blocks are in place, you can check > out version 0.3.2 here - but it needs much more time and > possibly some additional big things to be added, as well. > > https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/find-file-dwim.el Here are a few comments and improvements, fwiw: