Stefan Monnier writes: >> When I do C-x C-f /a/b/c TAB, no star are added, but an _error_ is >> triggered instead of a [no match]. > > I'm not sure it's bad, actually. Well, I think it is. The behavior is not consistent with other failed completions, and debugger should not be called on it (with debug-on-error). If a message such as this one has to be printed, I think it should be, IMHO, in bracket after the text entered, like [no match]. But sticking to short messages should be better, and [no match] is explicit enough. What makes you think an error is not so bad, although no other completion system triggers one? -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | Pour les 35-40 ans, l'humour | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | c'est une plus-value. | | http://www.lrde.org/~cadilh_m | -- Guillaume L. | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' - --'