all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs in xterm
@ 2006-10-28 10:16 zeycus
From: zeycus @ 2006-10-28 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody. I am new to Debian (and Linux, in general), and I am having a
problem with something. I am used to emacs in normal terminals. Now I
started using X-windows, and when I type the command 'emacs' in a xterm it
is xemacs which is launched, with a fancy window, different font, etc. But,
what if I prefer the old behaviour, expecting that emacs would make use of
the whole particular xterm from which it is launched? I wish just that, with
the same font I am using in that xterm, etc. The way it behaves if I launch
emacs before starting theX-windows.

Forgive me if this question is well-known and explained, I did not manage to
solve it. Thanks in advance!