all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problems reading some manual pages in emacs (M-x Woman)
@ 2008-02-08 23:02 Peter Smerdon
From: Peter Smerdon @ 2008-02-08 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,
I like to use the `woman' package to read manual pages but noticed
recently that some new software I install is not being added to the
woman database. (if it even uses a database, I am not sure)

For example, I installed `namp' and `most', neither show up in
Woman. The only way to read these fine manual pages is to use
woman-find-file.

I tried with both of theses versions:
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0) of
2007-11-06 on king, modified by Ubuntu

GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.0) of
2007-12-30 on osmium

Oh, while on the same subject, is there any way to bookmark a woman
manual page with the bookmark package?

C-x rm gives me:
bookmark-set: Buffer not visiting a file or directory

Thanks for reading..
--

Peter.