all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Open Outline-mode file in collapsed state
@ 2008-03-25  3:28 bev
From: bev @ 2008-03-25  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all.

I'd like to figure out a way to open an outline file in it's fully
collapsed state, so that all I see is the headers. As things stand
now, when I open a file in outline-mode it's fully expanded and I have
to run \C-c \C-q - (hide-subtrees) -  to get it into the collapsed
state. It's a bore to have to do that every single time I open one of
those files.

I tried adding (eval-after-load (hide-subtrees)) to the outline-mode-
hook, but that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bev