all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* dired accessing USB drives
@ 2011-02-16 21:16 Michel Chassey
From: Michel Chassey @ 2011-02-16 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hello everyone,
on     GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0) of
2010-11-26 on vernadsky, modified by Debian
Ubuntu 10.10

is it possible for Dired to access USB drives

Any help will be appreciated.

Michel Chassey

* Re: dired accessing USB drives
@ 2011-02-16 21:28 ` trebol55555
       [not found]   ` <mailman.42.1297909307.10461.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: trebol55555 @ 2011-02-16 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Michel Chassey; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

Hello Michel,
just mount the usb drive on a folder and visit that folder with dired.

It's very simple, you are asking for something more complicated?

Bye, Trebol.

@ 2011-02-16 22:55 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2011-02-16 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Michel Chassey; +Cc: Help-gnu-emacs

Am 16.02.2011 um 22:16 schrieb Michel Chassey:

> is it possible for Dired to access USB drives

Yes, just mount them!

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
lists of "Ten Best."
				– H. Allen Smith

* Re: dired accessing USB drives
@ 2011-02-17  2:21   ` Michel Chassey
       [not found]   ` <mailman.42.1297909307.10461.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Michel Chassey @ 2011-02-17  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Thanks a lot,
this newbie just learned something. I was asking for something not so
simple, but more valuable, your patience.

Michel Chassey
I hope I haven't exhausted it .B-)

@ 2011-03-08  6:26     ` David Combs
From: David Combs @ 2011-03-08  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In article <mailman.42.1297909307.10461.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
Michel Chassey  <mycuser@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks a lot,
>this newbie just learned something. I was asking for something not so
>simple, but more valuable, your patience.
>
>Michel Chassey
>I hope I haven't exhausted it .B-)
>

>trebol55555 wrote:
>>
>> Hello Michel,
>> just mount the usb drive on a folder and visit that folder with dired.
>>
>> It's very simple, you are asking for something more complicated?
>>
>> Bye, Trebol.
>>
>> Michel Chassey <mycuser@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> on     GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0) of
>>> 2010-11-26 on vernadsky, modified by Debian
>>> Ubuntu 10.10
>>>
>>> is it possible for Dired to access USB drives
>>>
>>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Michel Chassey
>>

>--

I just plug it in, then do a "df" to see what it's called,
and C-x d on that.

David