all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Any mercurial repo for emacs?
@ 2011-11-13 23:17 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2011-11-13 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Currently trying to learn a little about the versioning software
mercurial, so just wondered if there may be a public mercurial repo of
emacs.

Google turned up one from 2006 but the cited URLS all 404 now.

* Re: Any mercurial repo for emacs?
@ 2011-11-14  5:09 ` Les Harris
From: Les Harris @ 2011-11-14  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Currently trying to learn a little about the versioning software
> mercurial, so just wondered if there may be a public mercurial repo of
> emacs.

I could be wrong but there probably isn't one out there other than
perhaps someone's personal repository.  Until recently git repositories
were typically quite out of sync with the main bzr repository (now I
think the official git repo syncs hourly)

If that's the situation with git I would be surprised if there was an hg
repo sync'ed regularly out there. If there is it certainly isn't
"official" in any capacity.

But I'm just some guy, so take this with a grain of salt.

--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,