all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* workgroups.el, switching non-interactively
@ 2012-10-15  9:50 Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-10-15  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I'm using workgroups.el (works great by the way) to manage windows
configuration but fails miserably at programming a simple task : how to
use the function wg-switch-to-workgroup in a non-interactive way, to
call it inside another elisp function. One of my workgroups is named
"org" and

(wg-switch-to-workgroup "org")
(wg-switch-to-workgroup org)
and such don't work.

Thanks for your help.

Julien, seriously thinking about properly learning lisp...

* Re: workgroups.el, switching non-interactively
       [not found] <mailman.11014.1350294667.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-10-15 15:14 ` jpkotta
From: jpkotta @ 2012-10-15 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu.emacs.help; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Monday, October 15, 2012 4:51:08 AM UTC-5, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
> Hi, I'm using workgroups.el (works great by the way) to manage windows
>
> configuration but fails miserably at programming a simple task : how to
>
> use the function wg-switch-to-workgroup in a non-interactive way, to
>
> call it inside another elisp function. One of my workgroups is named
>
> "org" and
>

> (wg-switch-to-workgroup "org")
>
> (wg-switch-to-workgroup org)
>
> and such don't work.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>

> Julien, seriously thinking about properly learning lisp...

Looks like you need to use wg-get-workgroup:

(wg-switch-to-workgroup (wg-get-workgroup 'name "org"))

* Re: workgroups.el, switching non-interactively
@ 2012-10-15 16:36   ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2012-10-15 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

jpkotta <jpkotta@gmail.com> writes:

> On Monday, October 15, 2012 4:51:08 AM UTC-5, Julien Cubizolles wrote:

> Looks like you need to use wg-get-workgroup:
>
> (wg-switch-to-workgroup (wg-get-workgroup 'name "org"))

Thanks a lot, that's what I needed.

Julien.