all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#12752: Document pcase in Emacs Lisp Reference
@ 2012-10-28 19:16 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-10-28 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 12752

Package: emacs
Severity: minor

I think it would be nice if pcase were documented in the lispref.
(I don't even know what "ML-style pattern matching" means, so I get put
off every time I try to start.)

* bug#12752: Document pcase in Emacs Lisp Reference
@ 2013-01-08 16:29 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-01-08 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 12752

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 15:16:08 -0400 Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

GM> Package: emacs
GM> Severity: minor

GM> I think it would be nice if pcase were documented in the lispref.
GM> (I don't even know what "ML-style pattern matching" means, so I get put
GM> off every time I try to start.)

Agreed.  Every time I look at the places where it's used, I wish I
understood it better.

Ted

* bug#12752: Document pcase in Emacs Lisp Reference
@ 2013-01-08 17:27   ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-01-08 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 12752

Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> GM> I think it would be nice if pcase were documented in the lispref.
> GM> (I don't even know what "ML-style pattern matching" means, so I get put
> GM> off every time I try to start.)
>
> Agreed.  Every time I look at the places where it's used, I wish I
> understood it better.

It has since been documented.

* bug#12752: Document pcase in Emacs Lisp Reference
@ 2013-01-08 17:43     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2013-01-08 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 12752

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 12:27:15 -0500 Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> wrote:

GM> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
GM> I think it would be nice if pcase were documented in the lispref.
GM> (I don't even know what "ML-style pattern matching" means, so I get put
GM> off every time I try to start.)
>>
>> Agreed.  Every time I look at the places where it's used, I wish I
>> understood it better.

GM> It has since been documented.

I see it now.  Thanks, Stefan.

Ted