all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using Emacs' help system
@ 2013-02-10 22:27 deech
From: deech @ 2013-02-10 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,
I'm making a more concerted attempt to use the Emacs help system but ran into a case where I was forced to use Google.

I wanted to get the character count in a region. At the `M-x apropos` prompt I tried all variations of `character`, `char`, `number` and `count` without results. A quick Google search showed that I needed `count-word-region`. My question is how could I have used the help system to get there?

-deech