Hello Guilers & Emacsers! I’m pleased to announce that there will be two Guile-related projects going on as part of GSoC this year: • Guile-Emacs, by BT Templeton http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/bpt/35002 BT will continue the excellent work that has been done on Guile and Emacs integration. Previous GSoCs focused on providing a full-fledged Emacs Lisp front-end to Guile’s compiler and VM. This project focuses on the missing piece: replacing the Emacs Lisp interpreter in Emacs by Guile. • Emacsy, by Shane Celis https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/shanecelis/1 This is another approach to the Emacs/Guile vision: Shane will work on a framework, Emacsy, that will allow application developers to easily “emacsify” them–i.e., by providing the mechanisms for a “key-lookup-execute-command loop” similar to that of Emacs, with Guile inside. (Shane and BT: feel free to introduce yourself and your project.) I’m the mentor for these two projects, but I really hope they will develop with good interaction with the Guile and Emacs folk. In particular, I would like development issues and road maps to be discussed primarily on the relevant project mailing lists. I’m very excited about these two projects. I think they will help promote a vision where users are in control and can readily exert their freedom to study and adapt the software to their needs. Thanks a lot to José and Giuseppe who have wonderfully handled GNU’s participation in GSoC, and happy hacking! Ludo’.