all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* windmove-{right|down} not working
@ 2013-12-03 23:55 Lele Gaifax
From: Lele Gaifax @ 2013-12-03 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

after latest upgrade to emacs-snapshot 2:20131201-1 (Debian sid),
windmove-right and windmove-down do not work as they used to: they seem
to be no-op, and no error is emitted.

With `emacs -Q -f windmove-left` I get a beep, and "No window left from
selected window" is messaged out.

With `emacs -Q -f windmove-right` nothing happens, and neither with
`emacs -Q -f split-window-right -f windmove-right` (the cursor remains
in the first window on the left).

With `emacs -Q -f split-window-right -f other-window -f windmove-left`
I get the expected result, with the cursor in the left window.

The same happens vertically, using windmove-up and windmove-down: the
former works, the latter does not.

ciao, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.

* Re: windmove-{right|down} not working
@ 2013-12-04  0:26 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2013-12-04  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lele Gaifax; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Lele Gaifax <lele@metapensiero.it> writes:

> after latest upgrade to emacs-snapshot 2:20131201-1 (Debian sid),
> windmove-right and windmove-down do not work as they used to: they seem
> to be no-op, and no error is emitted.

Known issue, see http://debbugs.gnu.org/16017

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16017#11 contains a
workaround.

* Re: windmove-{right|down} not working
@ 2013-12-04  8:48   ` Lele Gaifax
From: Lele Gaifax @ 2013-12-04  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16017#11 contains a
> workaround.

Thank you, that works for me: FTR, I'm using the i3 window manager, so
my Emacs "screen" is always maximized.