Eric Abrahamsen writes: Hi Eric: > That was evil. I went into wordstar-mode, then hit "C-h m" expecting > to learn all about the amazing Wordstar keybindings and their > superiority to the default emacs keys. Instead I went back a character > and inserted an "m". What do you expect? You asked for Wordstar bindings and you got it. C-h is backspace delete in Wordstar (which is incorrect in Wordstar-mode, since it only does a backspace) like most other terminal programs :-). In wordstar mode you need to use F1-m for that. Charles -- "On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK' - everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS." (By Tarl Neustaedter)