Jude DaShiell [2014-09-06 05:59:13 -04:00] wrote: > However that default python mode on a line starting on position 5 on > the screen also has this problem. If I get on a line like that and hit > c-e first then hit c-a then check my line position, I land on position > 1 not position 5 where the indent started. Do you want M-m (back-to-indentation) command? M-m runs the command back-to-indentation, which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'. It is bound to M-m. (back-to-indentation) Move point to the first non-whitespace character on this line.