On 2014-10-16 Thu 07:54, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > I'm not sure. What you see is the result of Emacs updating the > display, but you cannot know whether the changes to buffers according > to your inputs happened while the display was outdated, or immediately > prior to updating the display as result of your clicking. > > IOW, it could be that all your inputs are processed in one go when you > click, and the display updated right after that. > > Or do you have evidence that the scenario I described did not in fact > happen? I can enter text and save the buffer before clicking menu items. When I inspect the content of the file with another editor, I see that it contains the text that I entered before saving. >> I'm fairly sure that the problem was introduced by a recent change in >> Emacs because I didn't change anything else at the time when the problem >> first occurred. Specifically, I did not change the window manager or >> its configuration. > > It would be helpful if you could quantify "recent" to the best of your > knowledge and records, if not bisect the trunk. Thanks in advance. Given on how rarely I update to the latest development version of Emacs, I can't say anything more precise than that the problem was introduced during this summer. I know, not very helpful. What do you mean with bisect? Checkout earlier versions and test them until I find the bad commit? Given the high volume of commits in Emacs this would take quite a while even when using an efficient search strategy. Titus