() Richard Stallman () Wed, 17 Dec 2014 10:44:25 -0500 I am still waiting for this. Authoring IXIN, i developed a moderate (by no means comprehensive) understanding of Info (format and .el), so the following comment is obviously biased, and (sorry, no time) not a thorough review as requested: The IXIN format maintains all the semantic features and drops most of the layout features of the Info format, being essentially a re-arranged parse tree dump (in Lisp- and Scheme-friendly sexps) of the Texinfo input. Unhandled layout features are left to the renderer. The IXIN tarballs specify this format and include a proof-of-concept renderer (for Emacs, of course :-D). IXIN is mellifluous to hack. <-- NB: UNABASHED BIAS! For details, i suggest reading The IXIN Chronicles, which can be found in the release tarball (in subdir spec/). To grab the latest (2013-02-16) release: wget http://www.gnuvola.org/software/ixin/ixin-1.8.tar.xz I will post a brief announcement when 1.9 becomes available. Anyway, i welcome additional review / critique from others; no doubt there's much room for improvement. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil