all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Indentation flaky and currently broken in 24.4
@ 2015-03-25 19:15 Valenti, Andrew P.
From: Valenti, Andrew P. @ 2015-03-25 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

The auto indentation in HTML and Javascript mode has suddenly become broke, with lines previously properly indented, being reset to column 0 after a line return and the <TAB> key no longer functional.  Indentation was work, then stopped working, then started working again and now stopped working. I've tried restarting emacs and reverting to a previous buffer to no avail. Any clues/suggestions would be appreciated!

Andy Valenti, MSc., PMP
Research Administration System Project Manager
Tufts Technology Services (TTS)
Tufts Administration Building (TAB)
169 Holland Street
TTS - Suite 317 B
Somerville, MA 02144

Tel 617.627.3814
Cell 617.435.1862
It.tufts.edu

* Re: Indentation flaky and currently broken in 24.4
@ 2015-03-30 21:53 ` Alexis
From: Alexis @ 2015-03-30 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Valenti, Andrew P. <Andrew.Valenti@tufts.edu> writes:

> The auto indentation in HTML and Javascript mode has suddenly
> become broke, with lines previously properly indented, being
> reset to column 0 after a line return and the <TAB> key no
> longer functional.  Indentation was work, then stopped working,
> then started working again and now stopped working. I've tried
> restarting emacs and reverting to a previous buffer to no
> avail. Any clues/suggestions would be appreciated!

i can't reproduce this on 24.4 (manually compiled for Debian 7.8
x86_64). Could you please provide a minimal example, starting from
`emacs -Q', of the texts for `html-mode' and `javascript-mode'
that consistently demonstrate the behaviour you describe?

Alexis.