Emanuel Berg writes: > Sharon Kimble writes: > >> I've been thinking about running emacs as a daemon >> to quicken my loadup times and also able to recover >> quickly when emacs crashes and restarts. But how? > > My Emacs takes 2-3 seconds to start on a moderately > fast machine, and I have 75 init files! > > Emacs shouldn't crash, ever. Mine doesn't, ever, so > yours shouldn't either. Otherwise it just wouldn't > be fair! > > So: > > 1. Does your Emacs really take that long to start? 'fraid so! I've never actually timed it, but I am sitting waiting for it to be in a useable state. > > 2. In which situations does it crash? Usually when I'm writing in latex, and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, its gone! So far I haven't lost any data on restarting. but it is an annoyance. Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian 8.0, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 24.5.50.3