Drew Adams writes: >> >> To make things easier to understand, I'm taking the example of finding >> >> the first odd number in a seq: >> > >> > I've never needed to do that. >> >> Marvelous. > > ;-) > > Was there something wrong with the suggestion to return, > as the non-nil value, a cons (ELEMENT . VALUE)? > > (Where ELEMENT is the sequence element that satisfies the > predicate, and VALUE is the return value of the predicate > for that element.) > > That gives you "some" element that satisfies the predicate > (the first such). And it gives you the result of the test. > Each of these can be useful, depending on the context. It would work, and I believe Scheme has a similar function, but I don't want seq-some to have this extra complexity. It could be another function though, just like in Scheme. Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr