all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* color theme per frame
@ 2015-09-11 22:48 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2015-09-11 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Emacs 24.4

Is there anyway to set a different color theme per frame?

I have found this, but it seems old.
http://superuser.com/questions/122086/how-to-set-different-color-theme-for-different-emacs-frames

Normally I have several frames open, and work on different tasks
simultaneously.  It is nicer if they become visually identifiable at glance.

Thanks.

soichi

* Re: color theme per frame
@ 2015-09-11 23:57 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2015-09-11 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

ishi soichi <soichi777@gmail.com> writes:

> Normally I have several frames open, and work on
> different tasks simultaneously. It is nicer if they
> become visually identifiable at glance.

It is easier, and makes more sense, to have this
visual identification based on purpose (i.e., mode)
and not frame.

For example, you can configure ERC to look one way,
Emacs-w3m another, Gnus yet another, and so on.
Because they look different to begin with, I don't see
this requiring a lot of work.

Here is a dump of me writing this message, with Gnus
in another window:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/message-gnus.png

I'd say it is pretty clear what is what :)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: color theme per frame