all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Aquamacs - release based on 25.1 RCx?
@ 2016-07-31 20:32 David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2016-07-31 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Emacs-Devel devel

I’m getting ready to release Aquamacs Emacs 3.3, which will be based on Emacs 25.1, as usual with a number of changes and a modified default configuration, as well as countless large and small major modes and other libraries.  (This is the NS port.)

I’m wondering whether it would make sense to release this based on one of the 25.1 release candidates rather than waiting for the final version.  The reasoning here would be that we would gain maybe 1,000 users fairly quickly.
So, this could help with testing.

Emacs-devel, do you have objections to an earlier release?

* Re: Aquamacs - release based on 25.1 RCx?
@ 2016-07-31 20:37 ` Marius Kjeldahl
From: Marius Kjeldahl @ 2016-07-31 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: David Reitter, Emacs-Devel devel

Please consider waiting as there is a known crash bug with macOS 10.12 in
RC1. A patch has been proposed but not merged yet AFAIK. Alternatively make
sure you include that patch that supposedly fixes it before rolling a new
Aquamacs release. See earlier threads this month for more details about the
issue.

@ 2016-07-31 20:39   ` David Reitter
From: David Reitter @ 2016-07-31 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Marius Kjeldahl; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

On Jul 31, 2016, at 4:37 PM, Marius Kjeldahl <marius.kjeldahl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please consider waiting as there is a known crash bug with macOS 10.12 in RC1. A patch has been proposed but not merged yet AFAIK. Alternatively make sure you include that patch that supposedly fixes it before rolling a new Aquamacs release. See earlier threads this month for more details about the issue.

Yes, thank you, this one is on my radar.  If this isn’t going to be patched in the Emacs RC or release, I will certainly apply the patch for Aquamacs.

* Re: Aquamacs - release based on 25.1 RCx?
@ 2016-07-31 21:08     ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2016-07-31 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: David Reitter, Marius Kjeldahl; +Cc: Emacs-Devel devel

David Reitter <david.reitter@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, thank you, this one is on my radar.  If this isn’t going to be
> patched in the Emacs RC or release

It should be in the next RC, as I'm waiting for this patch to be pushed
to emacs-25.

Cheers,
Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Aquamacs - release based on 25.1 RCx?
@ 2016-08-01 14:18       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2016-08-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: david.reitter, marius.kjeldahl, emacs-devel

> From: Nicolas Petton <nicolas@petton.fr>
> Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 23:08:03 +0200
> Cc: Emacs-Devel devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> > Yes, thank you, this one is on my radar.  If this isn’t going to be
> > patched in the Emacs RC or release
>
> It should be in the next RC, as I'm waiting for this patch to be pushed
> to emacs-25.

Why is it still not there?  Are there any doubts that it's TRT and
safe enough for emacs-25?

* Re: Aquamacs - release based on 25.1 RCx?
@ 2016-08-01 14:27         ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2016-08-01 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: david.reitter, marius.kjeldahl, emacs-devel