Akib Azmain Turja via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" writes: > Gerd Möllmann writes: > >> Akib Azmain Turja writes: >> >>> Gerd Möllmann writes: >>> >>> I mean, what files to change in order to do this? I think it's >>> tty_write_glyphs and tty_write_glyphs_with_face in term.c. >> >> Are you interested in implementing something? You could re-open this >> bug then, no problem. Or are you maybe just evaluating if you'd like to >> do it? Please give a hint. > > Yes, I'm interested, because I think it would help me understand how > Emacs renders text in terminal, which would help me to implement child > frame in terminal. But I don't have the time to do it right now. I > hope I can start doing this by late October. > I have implemented it. Implementing it was easier than I thought. Here is the patch: