Daniel Martín via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" writes: > Severity: wishlist > > It'd be great if imenu supported displaying its alist of entries in a > separate buffer. This is particularly useful when the list of entries Something like imenu-list in MELPA? That should be in Emacs core. > has many levels (for example, it is the table of contents of a PDF, > supported in Emacs 29), because you could search for an entry very Really? I'm on Emacs 29, and in DocView Mode I get the following error: imenu unavailable: "This buffer cannot use ‘imenu-default-create-index-function’". > easily. Right now, pressing C-s in the minibuffer only searches for > first-level imenu entries. > > I suggest the new buffer would be configured in outline-mode, which is > suited for this kind of hierarchical content. > > > -- Akib Azmain Turja Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social, and on Codeberg (user "akib"). This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. Its fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5