Eli Zaretskii writes: >> Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 22:36:47 -0700 >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii , 71554@debbugs.gnu.org, >> christopher@librehacker.com >> From: Jim Porter >> >> Eli, what do you think about merging this into the Emacs 30 branch? I >> have no strong preference myself, but I think it's small enough that it >> should be safe, and it fixes an annoyance with Eshell today. (I can also >> write a regression test or two if that would help matters.) > > Why do we have to make this change in Emacs 30? AFAIU, it isn't a > bug, just inconsistency between shell-mode and Eshell, and we have > lived with it for quite some time. Right? We have lived with this because the eshell-command async behavior was broken from 2005 to 2021. Now it is repaired the need of beeing able to run several processes raise. > I'd like to have as short a pretest for Emacs 30.1 as possible, and > that means no changes we don't absolutely have to make. Please > consider the necessity of this change from that POV. Now we have a emacs-31 branch, perhaps this can be installed there? -- Thierry