all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* remember the gnu.emacs.bug newsgroup
@ 2002-10-02 16:04 Dan Jacobson
       [not found] ` <m365wif6le.fsf@fischman.org>
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2002-10-02 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Remember the gnu.emacs.bug newsgroup?
Remember how we used to read it on VT100s?
You promised it would be back on the air a week ago.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

* Re: remember the gnu.emacs.bug newsgroup
       [not found] ` <m365wif6le.fsf@fischman.org>
@ 2002-10-06 22:16   ` Dan Jacobson
From: Dan Jacobson @ 2002-10-06 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ami> No affiliation w/ anyone, but you can read the list over NNTP at
Ami> nntp://gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs
Ami> (which is where I read it at :)).

And that is where I posted this and that, but I was just thinking, I
mean why would RMS want to give up that 20? year old news group, even
indexed in groups.google[? sorry, naturally I'm too offline to check
right now] just because some broken spam filter or something.

OK, if this is the way things shall be, then why not also pull the
plug on the rest of the moderated gnu groups and change the
advertising to mention that they can be read via nntp only thru gmane,
and standardize their gmane names.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780