all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs load-path after update
@ 2003-04-12 15:13 Ole Andre Birkedal
From: Ole Andre Birkedal @ 2003-04-12 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.
I downloaded the latest version of Emacs from
CVS which is 21.3.50.2 and compiled it from source.
My previous version was 21.2.x which was in Debian
unstable, and the load-path was /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/
but default. When installing this new Emacs the load-path
was not the same, I did make install and found out that it
made something in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/, but
when I put the programs from the old load-path in that directory
they didn't load, or work at all.

I have tried to add a new load-path in ~/.emacs.el, it
shows up in C-h v load-path RET, but they still don't load.
I tried defining it in epath.h, then recompiling, but
they still didn't load. I also tried setting the enviornment
variable EMACS_LOADPATH (or what it was called), but that
also failed as far as I could see.

Have anyone had the same problems?
I think there is only one little stupid mistake.
--
the Termos, Ole André
http://termos.devcave.net