all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RE: icicles lisp-mode dabbrev-completion
@ 2005-12-17  7:25 Emabela
From: Emabela @ 2005-12-17  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

>This question concerns library icicles.el, which is not part of GNU Ema
cs.

>Since this mailing list is for vanilla GNU Emacs, not external librarie
s,

>I'll reply off list.  I'm happy to reply to questions about Icicles at
my

>own email address or, better, on the EmacsWiki page for discussion of

>Icicles: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/IciclesDiscussion.

Ok, Excuse me, I thought it is more related to general key-bindings.

I'll reply off list too.

Regards, B.

--------------------------Hirdetés-----------------------------

KORLÁTLAN ADSL KEDVEZŐ ÁRON

Gyors beszerelés, teljes körű ügyfélszolgálat.

Ennél kedvezőbbet nem talál!

http://www.vipdsl.hu

* icicles lisp-mode dabbrev-completion
@ 2005-12-16 22:10 Emabela
From: Emabela @ 2005-12-16 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to use icicles' dabbrev-completion

in lisp mode with tab.

So my .emacs contains:

(setq icicle-redefine-standard-commands-flag 1)

(require 'icicles)

(define-key global-map "\t" 'dabbrev-completion)

and later

(autoload 'lisp-mode "lisp-mode" "Lisp Mode." t)

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook '(lambda ()

                  (define-key lisp-mode-map "\t" 'dabbrev-completion)))

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook '(lambda ()

                  (define-key global-map "\t" 'dabbrev-completion)))

But it has no effect.

In text-mode dabbrev-completion works, but not in lisp mode

(especially, it does not work in *scratch*)

What do I miss?

Thanks for any hints.