all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to make emacs display the line number just as vim does?
@ 2007-03-19 16:58 Matthew Zhou
From: Matthew Zhou @ 2007-03-19 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I want to make emacs display the line nubmers in the left margin of
the screen. Other text editors I am using, textmate, vim, all have
such features. How to make emacs do this thing?

* Re: How to make emacs display the line number just as vim does?
@ 2007-03-19 18:01 ` David Hansen
From: David Hansen @ 2007-03-19 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:58:10 +0800 Matthew Zhou wrote:

> I want to make emacs display the line nubmers in the left margin of
> the screen. Other text editors I am using, textmate, vim, all have
> such features. How to make emacs do this thing?

Search for ``setnu'' on www.emacswiki.org

* Re: How to make emacs display the line number just as vim does?
@ 2007-03-19 18:21 ` Eric Hanchrow
From: Eric Hanchrow @ 2007-03-19 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    Matthew> I want to make emacs display the line nubmers in the left
    Matthew> margin of the screen.  Other text editors I am using,
    Matthew> textmate, vim, all have such features.  How to make emacs
    Matthew> do this thing?

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/setnu.el is supposed to do what
you want.  I've never used it, though, so I don't know how well it
works.
--
This delightful, self-describing sentence, created 16 February
2005 in honor of Katie Drake, has seven As, three Bs, four Cs,

* Re: How to make emacs display the line number just as vim does?
@ 2007-03-19 18:52 ` Michaël Cadilhac
From: Michaël Cadilhac @ 2007-03-19 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Zhou; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs