all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to not change the working directory when opening a file
@ 2008-01-14 21:13 Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2008-01-14 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello list,

I'd like Emacs to not changing the working directory when opening
a file.

For example when doing:

$ pwd
/home/fmoreau/tmp
$ emacs /tmp/foo.txt

I'd like the current working directory to be "/home/fmoreau/tmp"
when editing "/tmp/foo.txt" in emacs.

This is useful when composing an email. I sometime need to
include the output of a shell command but this shell command
must be executed in the directory where emacs was launched.

Does anybody can give me a hint to do that ?

Thanks
--
Francis

[parent not found: <mailman.6126.1200343901.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* how to not change the working directory when opening a file
@ 2008-01-14 15:15 Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2008-01-14 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello list,

I'd like Emacs to not changing the working directory when opening
a file.

For example when doing:

$ pwd
/home/fmoreau/tmp
$ emacs /tmp/foo.txt

I'd like the current working directory to be "/home/fmoreau/tmp"
when editing "/tmp/foo.txt" in emacs.

This is useful when composing an email. I sometime need to
include the output of a shell command but this shell command
must be executed in the directory where emacs was launched.

Does anybody can give me a hint to do that ?

Thanks
--
Francis

PS: Please CC me when replying since I'm not subscribed.