all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* New "\citem" with Auctex
@ 2009-01-04 17:04 Nicolas Neuss
From: Nicolas Neuss @ 2009-01-04 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have a somewhat modified "\item" which is called "\citem".  How can I
make Auctex treat it like "\item"?

Thank you,
Nicolas

P.S.: I wanted to look also at Auctex-sources, but only the "elc" files
were available in Debian/Ubuntu packages.

* Re: New "\citem" with Auctex
@ 2009-01-04 19:02 ` Alberto Luaces
       [not found] ` <mailman.3935.1231095612.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Alberto Luaces @ 2009-01-04 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

El Domingo 04 Enero 2009ES 18:04:58 Nicolas Neuss escribió:
> P.S.: I wanted to look also at Auctex-sources, but only the "elc" files
> were available in Debian/Ubuntu packages.

Get the source package instead of the binary one:

apt-get source auctex

* Re: New "\citem" with Auctex
@ 2009-01-04 19:05 ` Andreas Politz
       [not found] ` <mailman.3935.1231095612.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Andreas Politz @ 2009-01-04 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nicolas Neuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a somewhat modified "\item" which is called "\citem".  How can I
> make Auctex treat it like "\item"?
>
> Thank you,
> Nicolas
>
> P.S.: I wanted to look also at Auctex-sources, but only the "elc" files
> were available in Debian/Ubuntu packages.

I don't know this package, but why not start looking for an answer
in it's manual ?

(info "auctex")

-ap

* Re: New "\citem" with Auctex
       [not found] ` <mailman.3935.1231095612.26697.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-01-05 18:50   ` Nicolas Neuss
From: Nicolas Neuss @ 2009-01-05 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

> El Domingo 04 Enero 2009ES 18:04:58 Nicolas Neuss escribió:
>> P.S.: I wanted to look also at Auctex-sources, but only the "elc" files
>> were available in Debian/Ubuntu packages.
>
> Get the source package instead of the binary one:
>
> apt-get source auctex

OK, looking at the sources I found the solution

(custom-set-variables '(LaTeX-item-regexp "\\(bib\\|c\\)?item\\b"))

Thanks, Nicolas

P.S.: I tried, but did not find this information in the Auctex info pages.

[Aside: I think that the sources should be included in Linux Emacs
distributions.  I guess this is not an issue for this newsgroup, but maybe
some Linux package maintainers are lurking here.]