all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with diary-header-line-format
@ 2010-08-06 19:31 Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz @ 2010-08-06 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

Currently, the default value of diary-header-line-format is

(:eval
 (calendar-string-spread
  (list
   (if diary-selective-display "Some text is hidden - press \"s\" in calendar before edit/copy" "Diary"))
  32
  (frame-width)))

Note the call to frame-width: that makes the text in the header line of
diary buffers in windows narrower than the frame to be cut (and aligned
to the right). I've fixed this by using window-width instead of
frame-width, and i was wondering whether this should be in fact the
default (i don't see any situation where window-width would misbehave in
the way frame-width does).

Cheers,
jao
--
One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel
certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding

* Re: Problem with diary-header-line-format
@ 2010-08-14  1:56 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2010-08-14  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz; +Cc: emacs-devel

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" wrote:

> to the right). I've fixed this by using window-width instead of
> frame-width, and i was wondering whether this should be in fact the
> default

ok.