all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Does anyone else have emacs calc help display problems?
@ 2012-08-17 16:55 ddoherty03
From: ddoherty03 @ 2012-08-17 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am running Emacs 24.1.50 (via git) with calc installed.

I noticed that in Calc, hitting 'f ?' fails to display the help information for the f prefix as it is supposed to do.  I thought this might be a bad interaction with custom themes, so I have tried a couple of them with the same result.

Could others try this out and see if the same problem appears in their installations as well.

If so, I'll send in a bug report.

* Re: Does anyone else have emacs calc help display problems?
@ 2012-08-17 17:29 ` Jay Belanger
From: Jay Belanger @ 2012-08-17 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I am running Emacs 24.1.50 (via git) with calc installed.
>
> I noticed that in Calc, hitting 'f ?' fails to display the help
> Could others try this out and see if the same problem appears in their
> installations as well.

I just tried it with the latest bzr source and didn't have the problem.
Do you still have the problem if you start emacs with `emacs -Q'?
Do some of the other letters have the same problem; does `g ?' work?