"N. Raghavendra" writes: > I did, but the order remains the same as in my previous message. Sorry, after reading your original post again, I only now understand what you want to reach. AFAICT, this isn't possible by default. Sorting threads at the top level and recursively is done according to the same setting: `gnus-thread-sort-functions'. So, I think what your see is expected. To get what you want, you AFAIK must rewrite `gnus-sort-threads-recursive' so that it handles the top-level specially. I think this does what you want (please load it after loading Gnus):