() Rustom Mody () Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:18:21 +0530 What does sexp mean for non-lisp languages like C etc? (Needed for functions like forward-sexp) (info "(elisp) List Motion") An "expression", either atomic or, if compound, delimited by balanced pairs (parens, braces, quote chars), but note that a "defun" may have other conceptual cruft (typically at the beginning, e.g., a C function) so that it is not a simple "sexp". In a similar vein, multi-char pairs (e.g,. "begin".."end") require more hair, but the idea is the same. Is there somewhere I can 8-10 different faces ready? And how faces are used in programming modes? (info "(elisp) Faces for Font Lock") Try also ‘M-x list-faces-display’. Programming modes are encouraged to use those whose names begin with "font-lock-", i believe. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil