all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnus virtual group score
@ 2013-09-03  7:02 Bastian Ballmann
From: Bastian Ballmann @ 2013-09-03  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

in my Gnus setup I have a score file for every topic, but if I
combine those topics to a single virtual group the score information
seem to be lost.

I experimented with different values for
gnus-score-find-score-files-function but neither seems to retrieve the
score information from the original source of the virtual group.

Any hint / idea how I can really just combine the contents of single
topics / groups?

TIA && have a nice day!

Basti
--
ETH Zürich, Bastian Ballmann, IT Service Group
CAB E 44.1, Universitätsstrasse 6, CH-8092 Zürich

* Re: Gnus virtual group score
       [not found] <mailman.1239.1378191791.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2013-12-25 23:31 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found] ` <mailman.10419.1388014689.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2013-12-25 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastian Ballmann; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Bastian Ballmann <bastian.ballmann@inf.ethz.ch> writes:

> I experimented with different values for
> gnus-score-find-score-files-function but neither seems to retrieve the
> score information from the original source of the virtual group.

I don't think that's possible.  Gnus just looks up the score files based
on the group you're in, not the source groups of the virtual group.

* Re: Gnus virtual group score
       [not found] ` <mailman.10419.1388014689.10748.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2014-01-07  0:13   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-01-07  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 00:31:41 +0100 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <lmi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> Bastian Ballmann <bastian.ballmann@inf.ethz.ch> writes:
>> I experimented with different values for
>> gnus-score-find-score-files-function but neither seems to retrieve the
>> score information from the original source of the virtual group.

LMI> I don't think that's possible.  Gnus just looks up the score files based
LMI> on the group you're in, not the source groups of the virtual group.

Maybe there is a way to find the virtual group's source groups and cycle
through their score files as a set?

Ted

* Re: Gnus virtual group score
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2014-01-18 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

>>> I experimented with different values for
>>> gnus-score-find-score-files-function but neither seems to retrieve the
>>> score information from the original source of the virtual group.
>
> LMI> I don't think that's possible.  Gnus just looks up the score files based
> LMI> on the group you're in, not the source groups of the virtual group.
>
> Maybe there is a way to find the virtual group's source groups and cycle
> through their score files as a set?

Yes, you could write your own `gnus-score-find-score-files-function'
that would look at `nnvirtual-component-groups' and just call one of the
other functions for each group in that list, and then mash them all
together.