Package: emacs Severity: minor Tags: patch Currently, desktop-create-buffer calls bury-buffer on every buffer listed in a saved version of (buffer-list) so to restore the order of buffers: 1375 ;; Restore buffer list order with new buffer at end. Don't change 1376 ;; the order for old desktop files (old desktop module behavior). 1377 (unless (< desktop-file-version 206) 1378 (mapc 'bury-buffer buffer-list) 1379 (when result (bury-buffer result))) This, however, fails – should one or more of these buffers be killed after the list is saved but before it’s processed, – as happens with some (presumably temporary) buffers used by url-retrieve, which is in turn used while restoring EWW buffers per [1]. (Please note that the patch there is broken, though.) The patch MIMEd seems to fix the issue for me, although I’m not as of yet certain that no buffer can be killed in between the buffer-live-p check and the bury-buffer call. [1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/18010 -- FSF associate member #7257 http://boycottsystemd.org/ … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A