all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* eww and https certificate checking
@ 2014-10-02 18:01 Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2014-10-02 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

On my (admittedly experimental) GNU Guix system, eww in Emacs 24.3.94
fails to do any https certificate checking.  I tried connecting to an
https URL with a self-signed (and long-expired) certificate, and saw no
warnings at all.  Lynx, linked with the same GnuTLS library on the same
system, issues warnings.

Is this problem specific to my system, or do other people see it too?

Given the current widespread concern over internet security, I don't
think this would be well received.  I filed a bug report
<http://bugs.gnu.org/18600>, but wanted to call attention to it
here as well.

      Mark

* Re: eww and https certificate checking
@ 2014-10-04 21:42 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-10-04 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 14:01:05 -0400 Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> wrote:

MHW> I filed a bug report <http://bugs.gnu.org/18600>, but wanted to
MHW> call attention to it here as well.

Thank you. As Glenn mentioned this has been discussed in
http://debbugs.gnu.org/16978 and elsewhere.  We can continue the
discussion in the 18600 bug thread.

Thanks
Ted