all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to visualize HTML/XML files in Emacs?
@ 2015-01-08  3:03 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-01-08  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello there,

so I have this HTML (or XML) file, and it is a mess as far as indenting
and newline characters go.  I'd like to either pretty-print it, or maybe
convert to s-expressions, or visualize it in any other way.  What would
you recommend?  I know (from this answer on ESE:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/6247579) about sgml-pretty-print, and it
works nice.  Any other suggestions?

Bonus points if it could be done with skewer-mode (or something), so
that the HTML is taken from the browser.  (Notice that even if I'm
browsing a local file, which I am, just grabbing the file won't help,
since I modify the DOM in the browser with JavaScript.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: How to visualize HTML/XML files in Emacs?
@ 2015-01-11 16:28 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2015-01-11 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2015-01-08, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> so I have this HTML (or XML) file, and it is a mess as far as indenting
> and newline characters go.  I'd like to either pretty-print it

apt-get install tidy

C-x h M-| tidy -indent -utf8

See my: http://gavenkoa.users.sourceforge.net/tips-html/prettyprint.html

or search at StackOverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/search?q=prettyprint