all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* amacsclient with emacs daemon/server on remote host
@ 2014-08-17 13:29 lee
From: lee @ 2014-08-17 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I could run an instance of emacs on a remote
host and access this instance with emacsclient over the network.

Currently, I'm doing this all the time with the instance of emacs
running on the local host with (server-start) in my ~/.emacs.  I'd like
to do the same, but with emacs running on the remote host.

Is this even possible, and if so, how do I tell the server to listen on
a port for network connections?

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.